Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
drew69
drew69

Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:40pm

Post Subject: Shower Cubicle height issues

Hi, I am currently refurbishing a 1980 narrow boat and have hit a snag with the cubicle I have bought that is 30mm to tall for the relatively low ceiling height! Can you recommend any suppliers who make cubicles around 1700 to 1750mm high that don't cost an arm & a leg? Cheers

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:23pm

I am sorry but I am not going to Google around for you because I suspect what you want will come under the "specials" banner from most suppliers and that always adds a good premium to the price. The same is true if it turns out to have the title "Marine stuck to it. You may do better searching for caravan shower cubicles but they may be a bit small. AS you are only talking about an inch and a quarter have you investigated dropping the tray so the top of its upstand is just above floor level? Is this any help:- http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showt opic=45593 Tony Brooks

drew69
drew69

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:11pm

Thanks Tony, I have only found 1 supplier who does lower level cubicles and they are approx double the cost of regular height ones. I am now looking at cutting the frame down and using 6mm clear polycarbonate but the cost of that is eye watering as well !

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:44pm

Have you thought about making the whole room a wet room so no cubical is involved or lining three walls with a waterproof material (vinyl flooring has been discussed elsewhere) and using a larger shower tray and simple curtain. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat regular newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.55 seconds.