Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
geodavies...
geodavies...

Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:44pm

Post Subject: Heating

Hi Can anybody tell me how i can run heating rads from my calorifier....i have an Izusu 42 engine....seems like a waste of hot water...many thanks

Tony-B...
Tony-B...

Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:34pm

Post Subject: Heating

This is not straight forward UNLESS you already have central heating with a pump and a twin coil calorifier. If so then you simply turn the pump one and in most cases heat is transfered from the hot calorifier water into the heating coil and thus to the rads. If you do not have such a setup then you would probably need a suitable heat exchanger on the calorifier/engine circuit connected to a conventional radiator system with a header tank and its own pump. IT is possible to link the engine cooling circuit to radiators but as the engine system should be pressurised it is not straight forward. You also have to be aware that using enghien heat in this way might overcool the engine. Tony Brooks

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.24 seconds.