Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
Frances...
Frances...

Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:00pm

Post Subject: Noisy Fridge

Hello, can you tell me what could be causing periodic loud rattling, groaning noises from our 12 volt fridge. It has worked perfectly for a number of years but is now giving us a headache. Has it possibly come to the end of its life, as it is probably over 10 years old?

Tony-B...
Tony-B...

Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:59pm

Post Subject: Noisy Fridge

It might be trying to start with pressure still in the evaporator but if it was I would have expected it to beep or flash an error code. There is a chance that you might have a loose or dirty connection somewhere in the circuit so it would be worth checking the cables right back to the batteries. I suspect that it may need recharging with gas but that requires a refrigeration engineer. See if any local to the boat can visit and give an opinion - or just go ahead and buy a new one. Tony Brooks

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.42 seconds.