Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
romanyprin
romanyprin

Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:41pm

Post Subject: Painting water tanks

Hello All, Is the paint INTERTUF 16 suitable for paing the inside of potable water tanks? Thanks Stuart

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:01pm

I have spent a while Googling and although the data-sheet for Intertuf 16 said it is suitable for use when transporting grain I found no mention of potable water tanks. On another sheet from a UK standards body it made no mention of potable water either. It was about protecting steel in buildings and use in roads and paths. This may not mean it is not suitable but if the International Data Sheet does not say it is I am certainly not going to contradict it. International Interline 475 is stated as suitable for potable water tanks. If you Google Potable Water Tank Bitumen Coating you will find may products to choose from. Tony Brooks

romanyprin
romanyprin

Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:16pm

very many thanks for your reply, much appreciated

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.56 seconds.