Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
canalman5
canalman5

Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:00am

Post Subject: Painting

Hi I had my boat repainted about two years ago but inevitably have some scratch marks on the sides. The marks are not deep but just where I have brushed past overhanging bushes etc. I have only cleaned the boat with water and a sponge and I do not really want to use t cut to polish out the marks as this seems a bit extreme. Is there a polish that I could safely use to bring the sides up to 'scratch' (sorry about that) Hope you can help Peter

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:55pm

Post Subject: Painting

If you had not said that you consider TCut a bit extreme I would have suggested using a fine cutting compound from car parts places to polish out the scratches, followed by TCut, followed by a good carnauba wax polish. However I would expect you to then have to polish the whole cabin side because even just a wax polish is likely to accentuate the difference in colour between the scratches and the faded pint. Some polishes have a mild abrasive action so one of these might do the job but I would not advise that you use a product containing silicons because that can cause problems when touching up. As you deem TCut a bit extreme I fear I have no idea what to recommend. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.24 seconds.