Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.


To go back to the experts page click here>>


Posted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:06pm

Post Subject: Hatch slides

I wish to replace the brass slides on my trad hatch. I have seen several boats with slides that look like brake lining material.Do you know what I mean and if so what is it and where do I get it. Also any other alternatives to brass slides.


Posted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:40pm

Post Subject: Hatch slides

I suspect this will be one of the Engineering Plastics, possibly PTFE, Nylon or Tufnol. It could even be UPVC strips from one of the local building plastic suppliers. I know nylon absorbs water and swells so I think you should Google "Engineering Plastics" and try to research which one would be best for that application and who will supply small quantities. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter
Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.51 seconds.