Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
waterman
waterman

Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:55am

Post Subject: Gas bottle locker

I store my gas bottles in the locker forward of the cratch, I have recently got a small portable generator which I keep in the cratch when not in use. I have a BSS inspection coming up next month and have read that the gas bottle locker can only be used for gas bottle storage. At the moment I keep a small plastic petrol canister in the same locker as it already has the flammable gas bottles and is ventilated. Would having the petrol in the same locked contravene the BSS inspection and result in a fail?? Your opinion would be appreciated.

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:02am

Post Subject: Gas bottle locker

My opinion is worthless, it's the opinion of the BSS inspector that is important. The BSS have their own website and are very good at answering email questions. That way you get a definitive answer that you can show to the BSS inspector if he has other ideas. My understanding is that they worry about unsecured items damaging the bottles, hoses, regulator, and pipework so much depends upon the type of locker and how everything is secured. Those bow lockers are often very large and require the gas bottles to be secured so they can not fall over.I never had a fail when I kept a small gas canister in with the bottles that we used to refill the gas lighter for the cooker. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.27 seconds.