Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
Brendan Vallings
Brendan Vallings

Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:10am

Post Subject: Looking for a berth

I am a 70 year old Shropshire lad living in New Zealand and very keen to do some canal boating during a visit to the UK in April 2009. I have lots of boating experience but none on canals in England and being on my own I would like to join anyone, a hirer or an owner looking to share the costs. What are my chances? I'm happy to provide my CV, references etc to anyone who may be interested.

Looking for a berth
hfrown
hfrown

Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:46pm

Hi I'm not sure how many boaters there are out there who are looking for someone to share the costs â perhaps lots, perhaps none, but it's an interesting idea. What canal are you thinking of going on? the Shroppie? An idea of roughly where you want to go might help/encourage other boaters to respond. All we can do here is hope they do, and that you get your holiday. Good luck! Hal Brown, Canal Boat

Brendan Vallings
Brendan Vallings

Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:34pm

Hi Hal Thanks for your response. The Shropsire Union would be favourite but I would be happy to go anywhere. Regards Brendan

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.53 seconds.