Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
petefryer
petefryer

Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:28pm

Post Subject: connection to blackwater tank

I am a novice boat fitter and have tried all sorts of rubber gaskets but have failed to seal the gap between my 38mm ribbed waste pipe and the 2"internal 60mm external diameter stub pipe on top of the tank. Is there a standard way of doing this? A rubber sleeve 60mm diameter at one end and 50mm on the other would enable me to bridge the gap and make the seal vapour tight using hose clips? Where can i get such a rubber connector/sleeve? My boat is 56 feet long 10 feet wide broadbeam. Pete

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:51pm

Post Subject: connection to blackwater tank

I am unsure about your question. I know of no toilets that use a 38mm pipe between tank and pump out fitting. Are you talking about the pipe between toilet/vacuum chamber and waste tank? The deck pump out fitting is, as far as I know about 50 to 60mm in diameter and the same goes for the normal fitting on the waste tank. The deck fitting is usually a standard size. If your tank has a smaller stub then it's supplier would be the people to ask. The last ting you want on a toilet system is a reduction in pipe diameter because this will make blockages more likely. Going from small to large in the direction of flow is far better. If this is a pipe between toilet and tank then either the tank make has fouled up or the toilet supplier should be able to provide the fitting. In fact I thought such systems were normally purchased as a full kit. Try looking on the Lee Sanitation website: http://www.leesan.com/ Tony Brooks

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.23 seconds.