Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
shanedemps
shanedemps

Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:08pm

Post Subject: Thornycroft RJ2

Hi There, This is a bit of a long shot as I am aware that there are very few of these engines in The U K. I recently bought a narrowboat and it has a 1937 Thornycroft Rj2 onboard but we need some new pistons,as ours are damaged, do you have idea where I may get my hands on some? My number is 078 777 16702. Would be great if you could help me out. All the best and looking forward to hearing from you. Shane

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:57am

Post Subject: Thornycroft RJ2

If this were my engine I would locate the nearest long established engine reconditioner/machinist and ask them for contacts. I am sure there are companies that can make you some pistons but I suspect some of a suitable size, but possibly a different design are available to order. You could try asking Primrose Engineering http://www.primrose-engineering.co.uk/ but remember they really do the actual rebuilding, not supply self fit parts, but he is a very helpful chap.

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.26 seconds.