Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
andy999
andy999

Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:39pm

Post Subject: Marine finance

Hi I am looking at purchasing a new wide beam for approx. 110,000. I need to finance 50,000 of this amount. Can anyone advise on which of the finance houses give best rates and service. I will be living on the boat with a permanent mooring and not residential, would this affect whether I could qualify for a marine mortgage or not. I do not own a property that I could secure a loan against. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:30pm

I think that you really need to do a web search and then start phoning companies. I have a horrible feeling you may only have one choice for a marine mortgage and that is RoyScot Larch. I have not seen any other providers at inland boat shows for years. The rate you are quoted will almost certainly be based on your individual circumstances so other boaters' experience may not be a good guide. However other readers are welcome to give their opinions. Tony Brooks

andy999
andy999

Posted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:31pm

Thanks for your reply Tony

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.31 seconds.