Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
Mikael
Mikael

Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:42pm

Post Subject: Own Narrowboat

Can I own Narrowboat in England? I am a Swedish citizen. Kind regards! Michael

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:47pm

There is no legal requirement for such boats to be registered as UK vessels or even registered on the Small Ships Register so there is nothing to prevent a foreign national from owning a narrowboat or cruiser. The problems with nationality come when you want to register it as a UK vessel. If for some reason it had to be such as under certain marine mortgages then I think you would have to register it as a Swedish vessel in Sweden. That would be where the fun starts I think. Tony Brooks

Mikael
Mikael

Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:27pm

Thanks for your response! We will take the loan in Sweden to buy a boat in England, and then move to the boat and live there year round. Kind regards! Mikael

Most Read

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.34 seconds.