Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
cv.stew
cv.stew

Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:07pm

Post Subject: canal boat companies

Where can I find information and reviews on companies operating the canals? We plan to spend a week around Llangollen area and are looking forward to a care-free adventure!! thanks

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:11pm

Post Subject: canal boat companies

A good place to start is the adverts in the magazine and phoning round. Booking agents like Hoseasons and (I think) Blakes produce brochures covering the hire fleets they book for. If you get one it will usually give you maps and where the hire bases are. I used to get a brochure from a travel agents (don't know if they still stock them)and then phone around. ABC Leisure group are a large national company with hire bases all over the system. I am not sure where you will get truly unbiased reviews but you could ask on the Canal World Internet Forum (www.canalworld.net). Canal Junction (.com) will also have information. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.26 seconds.