Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
Puppies
Puppies

Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:41am

Post Subject: Route for Thames

Which way round would you recommend for cruising the Thames at the end of April beginning of May, Brentford to Reading, Reading to Brentford. We are getting confusing advice.

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:03am

Post Subject: Route for Thames

I do not understand that question unless you intend to do a one way hire and if so the company should advise. In fact, seeing how the Thames is running at present I would suggest a back up plan, especially if we get more rain. You could easily get stuck on the Thames with the red boards out if we get a good storm during your cruise. If it is yours or a friends boat then its present position will dictate the direction. On balance given the state of the flow I think I would go downstream but if you do it is VITAL that you turn upstream to moor except on lock landings. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.30 seconds.