Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
petefryer
petefryer

Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:48pm

Post Subject: Moving a widebeam from River Nene to Grand Union Canal

Has anyone experience of moving a widebeam from the River Nene to the Grand Union Canal...where to get it lifted, how to move it by lorry and where to lift back in? Thanks Pete

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:04am

Post Subject: Moving a widebeam from River Nene to Grand Union Canal

I suspect that rather depends upon where on each waterway you are talking about. There is likely to be different advice if you mean the GU in London or near Birmingham. To be honest the main costs will be craning and the cost of the lorry. I very much doubt the distance will make a significant difference. I think the Environment Agency have a guide to the Nene which may give yards with lifting facilities and for a fairly central location on the GU try Calcutt Boats. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.56 seconds.