Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
Webbie
Webbie

Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:19am

Post Subject: Boat Alarms

I have just had my narrow boat broken into, access was gained by the windows being kicked in. I want to fit an alarm that detects movement inside the boat, do you have any suggestions please?

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:57am

Post Subject: Boat Alarms

I am afraid that you first need to define your requirements far better than "detects movement inside the boat". What do you want it to do, sound a siren, ring your mobile, etc?. I think most domestic alarms run of 12V dc because they use a small 12V back up battery so you might be able to use one of those systems but you may not be popular if it went off and no one was about to turn it off. Some car alarms have movement sensors. If you Google boat alarm you will find a host of items to study. Many will ring your mobile phone and can also monitor for fire and bilge water level. It all depends upon how much you want to pay. I am also sure that I have seen an article about a boat fitted with smart water "fogging" where the inside is filled with a thick mist when a break in is detected. The mist also leaves a difficult to remove invisible marker on your goods and the intruder. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.28 seconds.