Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
kalidor
kalidor

Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:34pm

Post Subject: Lister Petter Injector change

I Have a Lister Petter LPWS marine 3cyl eng and I am thinking of changing the injectors. Reading my manual it says use special extraction tool, is this necessary. I notice the injectors screw out and not jack out. Also I am a bit puzzled by the leak off pipe. This appears to screw onto the injector but the pipe is brazed onto the attached nut

Lister Petter Injector change
Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:28am

Post Subject: Lister Petter Injector change

Unfortunately I am away on holiday on my boat and can not find an online manual for your engine. I have found an image of an LPWS4 but the injectors are held in by a bolt and a cast iron fork. The leak off pipe is a standard one that has the pipe running between banjo unions and small hollow banjo bolts securing it to the injector body. Other less clear images look similar. If the image you posted is of your engine the forum software make sit useless to see any detail (it looks like a PRM gearbox a s far as I can tell!). It seems that either the image or your engine is not an LPWS or Yours is of a later design. If you can set your camera to low resolution and then email me a close up of an injector showing the fixing detail and the lead off union plus a general one of the engine I will have a look to see if I can shed any light on the problem. The injectors sin the phot I looked at woudl normally come out with a roll or lever bar between the head and injector body. Screw in injectors are usually self jacking so eventually just lift out as you say. Email to Tony@TB-Training.co.uk

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.25 seconds.