Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
kawazaki
kawazaki

Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:43pm

Post Subject: Mooring

I am on the Lancaster Canal at Carnforth and have been informed by my neighbour boater that we only have now only 48 hours to tie up and then move. This is very recent. Is this true,and why have the rules been changed from what i believe was 7or14 days?

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:21am

I have no definite knowledge of this but I do know that CaRT in the South and London regions are trying to or actually introducing stricter mooring conditions but (again as far as I know) the 14 days unless notices say otherwise rule still apply. However I do not understand why you are asking a national magazine for advice in respect of a local CaRT manager's alleged actions. I would suggest that you go direct to CaRT. I think the Lancaster comes under the North West region - enquiries.northwest@canalrivertrust.org.uk or phone the Wigan office through 0303 040 4040. Tony Brooks

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:12pm

This link may make things clearer but it still seems that the "rule" is 14 days unless indicated otherwise. http://www.associati...ers.org.uk/news

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:14pm

Mangled link - try this one http://www.associationofcontinuouscruisers.org.u k/news

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.30 seconds.