Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
coling
coling

Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:18pm

Post Subject: Gas Leak

Hi We have recently failed our B.S.C test through a small gas leak.I have spent hours testing every joint on the boat ,also isolating first the cooker then the fridge then the water heater etc.I tested each joint with spray leak tester then with detergent also through the test point with a water gauge that seems to show a very tiny fall over approx 10 to 15 minutes. On the last three times of testing the water gauge went up not down ,could you make any suggestions please?. Thanks Coling

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:38pm

Post Subject: Gas Leak

Dear Colin I am afraid that the dangers inherent in DIY gas work are such that, without detailed knowledge of your competence, I dare not respond to your request. I must refer you to a registered CORGI operative who is endorsed for LPG work. I suspect that you did not turn the bottles off and the "burn off" a certain amount of gas before doing the later tests with the water gauge. This allows the high pressure gas in the bottle pigtails to expand past the regulator - especially if the regulator is a bit "iffy". Sorry. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.29 seconds.