Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
Haygar
Haygar

Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:52pm

Post Subject: Lucas Ignition Switch......

Hi,a mate of mine needs to wire in a Lucas 128sa switch which has 4 terminals numbered 1-4.What we need to know is what terminal does what.The engine is SABB Diesel,without glow plugs.Help...... many thanks.Hagar

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:52am

Post Subject: Lucas Ignition Switch......

Dear Hagar, I am afraid that I always test ignition switches to identify terminals so that in the event of being supplied (say)a Durite "clone" switch I am not confused by different numbering systems. All the Lucas switches I have dealt with have been supplied with a leaflet detailing the connections - unlike the "clones". If you log onto my website www.TB-Training.co.uk and go to Ignition Switches in the Electrical Notes you will find instructions for identifying ignition switch terminals. Typically a single small blade connects to the starter solenoid, a single large blade feeds the glowplugs (not on your engine), twin small terminals feed the instruments and warning lamps and twin large and small terminals are the feed into the switch. Please note the word "typically". I can not be sure for any given switch, so please test it. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.38 seconds.