Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
batman
batman

Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:10pm

Post Subject: Headlight

Hi Tony my headlight does not have any power going to it. Should the fuse pop out on the control panel my has not i have a barrus shire

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:45am

Post Subject: Headlight

I do not know what you are calling "the control panel". I would not expect the tunnel lamp to be fused on the engine instrument panel. It is normally fused along with the various domestic circuits on the fuse/MCB panel. If you have circuit breakers rather than fuses then something should have popped out or a "switch" would have turned itself off. There are a variety of fuse types used in boats from rewirable domestic distribution boxes, a variety of automotive fuse box types to marine units using a variety of industrial components. One of the later types uses glass fuses held in place by a plastic bayonet cap. These do not pop out, you have to remove each cap and fuse in turn to find the blown one. I would point out that a tripped circuit breaker or a blown fuse should be assumed to be the result of another fault so NEVER cure the problem by fitting a higher rated fuse. Look for the underlying fault. If you email a low res. photo of your panel to Tony@TB-Training I will see if I can identify how you get at any fuses.

Most Read

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.30 seconds.