Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
Robnsacha
Robnsacha

Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:49pm

Post Subject: What make is this boat?

Make and possible year? given to me as a project and know nothing about it. thanks

What make is this boat?
Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:39pm

Once again it is no use putting photos on the forum because they come out so small they are all but useless. It might help the identification if you had given the dimensions, length overall and beam. There is nothing in the photo to scale it from. From what I can see it might be a Norman 18.5 or a Norman 22 but there were a whole hose of makers of smaller GRP cruisers in the 1970s and 80s so it is very difficult to be sure. I suspect it is at least 20 years old and could well be up to about 50 years old. Sorry I can not do any more. Over to any other readers who can help. Tony Broosk

Robnsacha
Robnsacha

Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:34pm

Thanks for taking time to reply tony. after a bit more research i think it is a callumcraft 22 so you was'nt far off! anyone know where i could get replacment windows an frames? looking at getting some made but would rather buy used. thanks

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:10am

Unless you manage to find some one breaking a similar boat I doubt you will get second hand windows. However talk to http://www.eagleboatwindows.co.uk/ about getting your own frames reconditioned. If you keep an eye on the equipment section in Boats & Outboards, Apollo Duck, and Towpath Telegraph you might just get lucky but I think its a very long shot.

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.24 seconds.