Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
hillbilly
hillbilly

Posted: Tue May 19, 2015 7:07pm

Post Subject: N.B Dobie Jade

Anyone seen this boat lately? Sold it 2 years ago and would like to know shes still around and still looking good.

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Wed May 20, 2015 10:48am

I have looked on Jim Shead's boat list and it shows no boat of that name registered with any of the major UK navigation authorities. This list is derived from the authorities database and is usually pretty accurate. This means that the boat has had a name change, been scrapped, exported, or is now on waters that require no registration.

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Wed May 20, 2015 10:48am

I have looked on Jim Shead's boat list and it shows no boat of that name registered with any of the major UK navigation authorities. This list is derived from the authorities database and is usually pretty accurate. This means that the boat has had a name change, been scrapped, exported, or is now on waters that require no registration.

hillbilly
hillbilly

Posted: Wed May 20, 2015 5:38pm

We named this boat in 2010 and it has never appeared on Jum Sheads site. We sold it in 2013 and no for a fact it has been sold again. would love to know where she is now.

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Tue May 26, 2015 7:40am

This has just come in: Just saw on the CB web site someone looking for a boat. I believe you said it wasn't on Jim Shead's site but all that is on the CanalPlan site now. Is this the one? Dobie Jade Built by Keith Wood Narrowboa - Length : 17.374 metres ( 57 feet ) - Beam : 2.083 metres ( 6 feet 10 inches ) - Draft : 0.61 ( 2 feet ). Metal hull power of 999 BHP. Registered with Canal & River Trust number 515414 as a Motor Boat. ( Last updated on Wednesday 22nd May 2013 ) Having sold our boat I can't remember my log in details for the CB site but have a quick look anyway. Hope you can pass this on to the person looking

hillbilly
hillbilly

Posted: Tue May 26, 2015 11:41am

Yes, that was our boat until May 2013, sold it and understand it has been sold again. Would love to know where she is. Understand an American couple bought it. Does it still have our names on it (Ron and Chris). Last seen in July last year on the Chesterfield Canal.

hillbilly
hillbilly

Posted: Tue May 26, 2015 11:41am

Yes, that was our boat until May 2013, sold it and understand it has been sold again. Would love to know where she is. Understand an American couple bought it. Does it still have our names on it (Ron and Chris). Last seen in July last year on the Chesterfield Canal.

Most Read

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.31 seconds.