Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
Patrisha
Patrisha

Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:22am

Post Subject: Looking for a canal boat

Hi, I am looking to buy a canal boat to liveaboard in the next few months. Like the lady below, I am in my 50s and a bit nervous. I have had so many people trying to put me off....I can't forsee too many problems, except for the mooring problem. I would like a residential but they seem to be impossible to find...any suggestions?

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:01pm

Post Subject: Looking for a canal boat

No, no suggestions, but you need to visit marinas, clubs and mooring sights and talk to the owners. When on my travels I see, lots of obviously residential boats on moorings I suspect are not officially classed as residential. If you choose one of these there is no security of tenure, but it might be all you will get. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.30 seconds.