Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
favours
favours

Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:36pm

Post Subject: Mooring Lines

Tony, Which material type do you find easiest to handle. I am looking to purchase bow and stern lines + centre line.

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:47pm

Post Subject: Mooring Lines

My personal preference is one of the modern polypropylene synthetic hemp type lines. They look the part, float, and do not absorb much water so are much easier to use/throw when wet. I tried some black three strand nylon line once and it was horrible. It weighed a "ton" when wet - even from rain. Personally I do not like multi-coloured lines. Modern Polyprop. line does not degrade with sharp shards like it used to. I think that you should visit a rope suppler, handle the rope and decide which one suits you. TB

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.24 seconds.