Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
Riasonovsk
Riasonovsk

Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:28pm

Post Subject: Paintwork damaged by CART strimming

My fairly new paintwork has been badly pitted (down to bare metal which has rusted) in many places by canal bank strimming by CART contractors. Are they liable for damages? It is a mess now I have had to touch up the paintwork - like a bad case of measles.

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:46pm

Post Subject: Paintwork damaged by CART strimming

If you think that you can prove that CaRT contractors were responsible then talk to a lawyer. I am afraid that knowing and proving are two very different things. From my very limited legal class for the IMI exams of about 50 years ago I would suspect that the strimmers must have flicked up stones because I can not see grass doing that sort of damage. If so there may be a case of negligence to answer but I bet it will cost you more than its worth. One further point. If you have left it long enough to rust a defence might claim that you were negligent in not rectifying the damage sooner. In any case I fear that you will need to abrade out the majority of the rust and treat the rest before attempting to touch it up. Otherwise the rust may come through the paint in time. I fear not what you were wanting to hear, sorry. Tony Brookss

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.25 seconds.