Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
kalidor
kalidor

Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:24pm

Post Subject: Vetus 4.15 Engine mounts

I remember reading in "Ask the Experts" a while ago what nut to adjust on the engine mounts of a Vetus. I keep all the info from the magazine in a folder but I cannot find this article. Could you please decribe the procedure again.

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:09am

Post Subject: Vetus 4.15 Engine mounts

When adjusting the engine to shaft alignment one may well have to screw or unscrew both nuts on all four mounts. The procedure is easier demonstrated than described. If a nut has loosened on a single mount then as many mounts use a self locking nut on top one would tighten the bottom nit up against the top because the top nut is far less likely to have moved. However I have seen some Vetus engines with plain nuts on top. If one of these works loose there is no way of knowing which nut has moved so you would have to go through the engine to shaft alignment procedure to ensure you tighten the correct nut. A description of the procedure is here: http://www.tb-training.co.uk/10sgear.htm#bmn33

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.23 seconds.