Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
Patrisha
Patrisha

Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:34am

Post Subject: Survey cost

How much should a survey cost on a narrowboat (approx)? Also how can you obtain a mooring before you buy a boat if you don't know what size boat you will have?

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:04pm

It is some years since I had a survey and you have to add the cost of getting the boat out of the water to the survey cost. I suspect you should budget up to £1000. However to be sure ring a few surveyors listed in the back of the magazine. You may have to also pay mileage or travelling time. There are surveys and surveys so make sure that you specify in writing exactly what you want. Perhaps a Pre-purchase condition survey plus valuation. I would also ask around the local boaters for recommendations - my surveyor failed to give me a valuation (I did not ask for one, assuming that was part of the pre-purchase survey) and did not know the difference between a thermostat and pressure switch. As for boat size, I have no idea. When we bought the boat we knew the maximum size we would purchase so used that. Tony Brooks

Patrisha
Patrisha

Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:33pm

OK, thanks for your help

balmond
balmond

Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:45pm

Hi I have resently had a survey on a 40 foot boat and it was £400.00 plus the out of water fees at £287.00 making a total of £687.00. as for moorings they can run at anything from £30-40 per foot.

Most Read

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 44.  Total Objects: 163.  Total Unserialized: 4. Total Runtime: 0.26 seconds.