Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
saraeb59
saraeb59

Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:13pm

Post Subject: New board for lockers and engine cover

Hello everyone. Can anyone tell me where I can source marine plywood with a nonslip surface to renew our locker and engine cover board. I have seen hoards that have a 'rubber tread effect' but cannot find out where to buy it from or what yo search on. Mint thanks.

saraeb59
saraeb59

Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:15pm

Apologies for the spelling in the post...working on a very small keypad.

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:32pm

Don't worry about spelling, you will see I make loads of mistakes and that is on a computer with a spell checker. Try searching for Buffolo Board or HexaGrip. I suspect it is likely to come in large sheets from on line suppliers so see if you can find a local truck body builder/repairer or someone making or repairing trailers.They may have suitable offcuts or even cut to size for you. Otherwise try the larger marinas/boat yards. It is important that you take trouble sealing the edges because all makes seem to deteriorate from the edges inwards. I painted on two coats of epoxy resin but an end grain sealer i also likely to work.

saraeb59
saraeb59

Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:17pm

Tony.B. Many thanks. I have Googled what you advised and that's exactly what I want. Thanks again.

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.47 seconds.