Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
Rogerspurr
Rogerspurr

Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:55pm

Post Subject: Hobbit stove flue.

Could I fit a 4 inch twin wall flue to a hobbit stove and take the 4inch internal , 6inch external flue directly through a 6inch cast collar, the insulated chimney then continuing the flue from the top of the collar ? This would make installation within the boat much simpler as it would allow only a 60mm air gap between twin wall flue and any combustibles.

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:04pm

Post Subject: Hobbit stove flue.

The Hobbit SE is listed as having a 4" flue so that is fine at the bottom. I can see no reason you can not fit the whole flue through a 6" roof collar BUT with one important proviso. You will be leaving the top of the insulation between the two skins exposed so you need to seal it with (I suggest) high temperature silicon and to be sure always use a cap on the collar or a double skinned chimney. Make sure the inner skin of the chimney fits inside the 4" flue and fill the void between the inner skin and outer skins of the chimney with something like expanding foam so any condensation in the chimney drops into the stove rather than into the insulation.

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.60 seconds.