Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
aaasss111
aaasss111

Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:46pm

Post Subject: solar

Can i wire my new solar from my mppt controller to the live and neutral coming into the boat from the batteries, in theory as they are 40mm cables there will be less volt drop. or do i need to go from the controller straight to battery studs?

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:00pm

Fit any fuses recommended in the controller manual and if one is not in the manual fit one as close to the battery positive as you reasonably can. If you wire to the two main supply cables coming into the boat the solar panel will not work when the master switch is turned off and that's a bit pointless. Wire the controller so its output bypasses the master switch.

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:01pm

PS I would wire to the battery side of the master switch so there is less danger of connections being misplaced or broken during battery changes etc.

aaasss111
aaasss111

Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:35pm

thanks Tony

Most Read

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.34 seconds.