Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
roxryandog
roxryandog

Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:32pm

Post Subject: hot water

hi Tony, I run my engine for 5 to 6 hrs and the water is realy hot but when I get up in the morning its only warm could it be feeding back to the engine and thus cooling down if so how do I sort it out cheers Terry Ryan

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:00am

Post Subject: hot water

Yes, it certainly could. There area number of ways of trying to solve it. The simplest is just swapping the pipes over on the calorifier coil. You could fit a plumbers non-return valve in the feed line or re-pipe so the hot "into calorifier" pipe has at least a horizontal section at the calorifier end or better still downward length of pipe run/hose run. In the latter case make sure that either no air can be trapped in the pipe or fit a bleed valve at the highest point. Make sure any spring (if there is one, in a NRV is very light because the first two options put a little more load on the engine water pump so circulation might be compromised to some degree. If the hot take off is in the cylinder head and no significant bypass pipework is fitted then this is not such a major problem but it would be if the take off was on the skin tank side of the engine thermostat.

Most Read

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.27 seconds.