Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
grenchild
grenchild

Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:50pm

Post Subject: Neutral button

Hi there, I have a side mounted Morse engine control on my boat, I do not know the model number but it has a black push button in the spindle center to push for Neutral, some kind person has stolen it and i am trying to source a replacement, I have searcched the internet and can find no details of the company or any where to obtain the spares do you have any details of how to contact them or know of any where to obtain the button, its black and round and the control lever is Chrome with a red ball on top

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:24pm

Post Subject: Neutral button

The first problem is that far too many people refer to all single lever controls as a Morse control. Personally I doubt yours is made by Morse. One common control with a centre push button is made by Telefelx but I think some French made controls are similar. http://www.bainbridgemarine.com/Variants.aspx?It em=PRD-000318 list themselves as stockists for Teleflex spares with the first item on the page being a a pack of 10 red centre push buttons (at £10). You may well have to gain access to the inside parts of the control, possibly by taking whole control out, and look for labels that identify the make and model of your control. also try Googling "single lever control" and selecting "images". Then pick a photo that looks like your control, and go to the associated website to see if it has more information. .

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.24 seconds.