Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
susanb
susanb

Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:45am

Post Subject: The best canel boat?

Hi, I am looking to upgrade our canel boat, but I wanted to know what the best model is? Thanks Susan http://www.wowfreestuff.co.uk/free-waterside -activity-book-duck-food-pouch/

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:12pm

Post Subject: The best canel boat?

Dear Susan, I am rather perplexed with your question because you talk about upgrading your narrowboat so presumably you have a degree of boating experience and then ask about the best model. The narrowboat market is not like cars and does not work like that. The only answer I can give to you is the boat that best fits the layout you want, is of an acceptable age, the specification is right for you and the size is right for you. Although there are vendors of production line boats (often built abroad) most boats are one-offs built to the individual customer's requirements. Even the production boats often allow a degree of customisation while as boats age their owners tend to "improve" them. Many so called boat builders only fit out shells they buy in so are you talking about respected shell builders who may or may not also fit out boats or boat fitters. We need to know if you are looking at second hand or a new build boat, how much you want to spend and so on. There is no point in listing high end hull builders if you can only afford a mid or low range hull. The best thing I can advise is that you start looking at brokers internet sites that show the plans and photos. Then when you have narrowed your requirements down a bit go and look at some. I am afraid this is not a lot of use to you but it really is the best advice I can give. If you can be more specific I maybe able to provide more advice.

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.53 seconds.