Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
builder1
builder1

Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:03pm

Post Subject: boat ownership

can anyone tell me how i can find the owner of whatseems to be a dumped boat the guy who is moored nexted to it has told me that they parked up about 8 months ago and havent returned .not the bw have stuck a notice and he the neighbour says it will be taken and crushed it seems a shame to let that happen any one got any ideas would really appreciate the help

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:15pm

Post Subject: boat ownership

The only people who may know will be BW, but they will only know the last person to license the boat at the time of application. They may not know the then owner or the current owner. BW will be going through a legal process that will eventually allow the to remove the boat and then, if it is likely to be worthwhile they will auction it. If the amount it raises is more than BW costs and what the lack of licensing owes them the surplus will be returned to the owner. The boat may well not even be worth auctioning. This is the web address for the last auction which is now closed (all on one line) http://www.goindustry.com/en/auctions/british-wa terways-boats-equipment-list.asp?SaleID=8498& ;Track=Auction BW may be willing to forward a letter to the owner, but if they are sticking notices on the boat it might indicate they do not know the owner. It would not hurt for you to contact the local BW regional office to chat about it. Tony Brooks

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.29 seconds.