Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
alakefic
alakefic

Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:30am

Post Subject: Gas valve installation

Hi, im currently installing the LPG gas supply to the oven and hob in my NB rebuild and want to fit a 12v gas valve inline , so basically would like to find out the normal gas line pressure to make sure i purchase the correct valve. the valve im looking at is an Elekrogas 1/4 in BSP with a pressure range of 0-0.1 bar?

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:24pm

Unfortunately you put me in a very difficult position. The Boat Safety Scheme demands that gas work is undertaken by "a competent person" and if the boat is to be for hire or a livaboard even stricter qualifications may be required. If you are building to comply with the RCD you will need access to and to understand a whole sheath of ISO/BS standards. Now your question shows that you are unlikely to be competent so if I give you any information that might be construed in encouraging you I could be held libel if there is an accident. I am unwilling to take that risk. In any case the pressure is different for butane and propane. Remember the regulator is what controls the pressure and its documents might give the basic pressure setting. Sorry.

alakefic
alakefic

Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:53pm

hi Tony, sorry to put you in an awkward position, whilst i realize the installation has to be carried out by a competent person, and not a complete numpty, i was trying to achieve a double safe outcome by installing the 12v valve in conjuntion with the other safety devices already being thought about, ie bubble tester and low pressure switch. I have found out myself the LPG line pressure from the particular regulator im using and the valve ill be using is more than adequate. thanks nigel

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:09pm

I hoped that you would do that. its why I mentioned the regulator.

Most Read

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.24 seconds.