Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
Fermain
Fermain

Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:22pm

Post Subject: Tecma toilet

Hi Tony, I have a Tecma macerated toilet, if I leave the boat unarrended for a few weeks ( all power disconnected) on my return the toilet will not flush until I give the solenoid valve a smack with a screwdriver handle, occasionally it happens in reverse, were water will not stop entering the bowl, again a smack does the trick. Is it possible to strip this valve out as I'm sure it's possibly limescale that is the problem.

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:34pm

Post Subject: Tecma toilet

I would never have a toilet that relies on battery power so have never had to strip a maccerator toilet. As I am on expensive mobile broadband at the moment I am not going to go searching for the data sheet for your toilet, in any case I can't without a model number. I think that your diagnosis may well be correct but it may also be a swollen valve washer/seal. I am certain the valve is a replaceable item and would hope they are stripable but would not know without the data or looking at it. Sorry.

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.31 seconds.