Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
Jackdaw16
Jackdaw16

Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:05pm

Post Subject: 12 volt Socket

Good day. On my boat I am connected to a landline through a sterling inverter. All working fine. When i disconnect to cruise all is fine as in pumps lights etc. Apart for the 12 volt sockets, no power at all. I have tried running the engine or just leisure batteries. I have recently changed the 3 leisure batteries. A novice at electrics. Any ideas would be much appreciated as hoping to get cruising over the weekend. Kind regards. Chris

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:24pm

Sorry for the delay in replying but I was in the remote parts of the Llangollen canal. This sounds to me as if a 12V fuse has blown or a 12V circuit breaker has tripped for some reason. It could also be that in disregard of the BSS someone has wired the socket circuit direct to the batteries and you have left that wire off or inadvertently broken it away from its terminal As the other 12V circuits are fine it must be something local to the socket circuit. Are you aware that some "cigarette lighter" type plugs have fuses in them. if not and if you have only tried one bit of equipment in the sockets then the plug fuse may have blown (assuming that you have cigarette lighter sockets and not something else). If you have "mains" 5 amp 3 pin sockets you may fine that that they have been wired in a very "non-standard" way so in that case take a socket off and see where each wire is connected.

Jackdaw16
Jackdaw16

Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:38am

Hi Tony. Thanks for your reply, this could be useful so will give this a try and let you know what happens. Kind regards. Chris

Most Read

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.32 seconds.