Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
bvm.mdm
bvm.mdm

Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:53pm

Post Subject: GRP narrow boats

some 30+years ago there was a company trying to build GRP narrow boats, what became of them?

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:20pm

Post Subject: GRP narrow boats

Wilderness boats who make small GRP narrowboats are still in production. Fibreline Boats built a few of around 45 ft in the early early 1990s but they did not seem to catch on and the company seems to be long gone. I THINK (don't know for sure) that they started with some government funding in Wales. I think that way back in the 60s Morgan Giles built fully GRP narrowboats that are distinctive by their moulded engine covers right on the stern. There have been several makers of GRP narrowbeam cruisers like Viking & Highline. I think Vikings are still being built by Seamaster.

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.27 seconds.