Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
stuart&viv...
stuart&viv...

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:45pm

Post Subject: fuel

Can the supplier of diesel dictate the split between domestic & propulsion ? Also will this split end when we leave the EU?

Tony-B...
Tony-B...

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:52pm

Post Subject: fuel

The situation is not 100% clear. HMRC are clear that it is up to the BOATER to declare the split and all the seller has to do is to record it plus whatever HMRC want to identify their boater. An incorrectly declared split will result in action against the boater not the seller. However the price you may see at a suppliers is technically only an offer to treat, which means negotiate so if the seller will only sell with a given split then it is a contractual matter between you and them. You can either accept the terms of their contract or not. On the second point I think the only answer at the moment is who knows. Your guess is no better than mine or anyone else's. I suspect that is we do eventually leave the EU rescinding the present arrangements will be way down any government's list. In my view a future government outside the EU might be so strapped for cash we might end up paying road diesel prices anyway.

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.30 seconds.