Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
witherm
witherm

Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 12:17pm

Post Subject: brecon/pontypool

can I take my own small boat on the canal and where can I put it in the water

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 2:50pm

Unfortunately "small boat" could be anything from a rubber dingy, through canoes and rowing boats to smaller powered craft. This means I can not give a straight answer. The boat will need to have a Canal & River Trust license, insurance and if it is powered or has certain equipment on board it may need a current Boat safety Scheme certificate. Assuming it is not one that you can simply lift in and out at the canal bank then the Boaters map for that canal http://www.waterscape.com/things-to-do/boating/g uides/thank-you/a2032ab64f7f19fed982caf4cb916630 shows a slipway at Llanhamalch. You may have to pay to use this. They are often at boatyards.

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 2:55pm

I pr4efer to give readers a direct link to such maps but the CaRT website generates a new map each time you request in and once downloaded the letters and numbers at the end of the URL no longer work . You will need to work your way through the CaRT website under "Planning a Cruise". I do not find it a very easy site to use.

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.51 seconds.