Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
Chris1957
Chris1957

Posted: Tue May 30, 2017 11:34am

Post Subject: Repeat Medication

My partner and i are planning to live aboard our soon, hopefully built new narrowboat. We shall be using it for about 6 months continually from spring to autumn.We shall also be moving house from Colchester to Blackpool. This will involve taking on a new GP practice and we need to point out our preferred lifestyle from the beginning. How do other people, well and fairly healthy on medication handle this? do they get a private 6 month certificate? By the way we have no family who could pick up prescriptions and send them to us, Anyone with ideas would be very welcome!!

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Tue May 30, 2017 12:07pm

Post Subject: Repeat Medication

I will leave others to answer the prescription question but are you aware of the services that advertise in the back of the magazine that will provide you (for a fee) with a mail forwarding service? Do you know about the "poste restante" and "Local Collect" Royal Mail schemes. You need to check the house insurance conditions. Ours stipulates no more than 40 days continuously away from the house but I think that time varies. In our case the time resets as soon as you get home. I know when we are on our summer cruises we usually like to return home by train for a few days for post, washing, a decent bath, and the garden. We fit doctors appointments into those times. There are schemes that allow doctors to sent prescriptions electronically to some pharmacies but you would probably have to find out if the pharmacy you are close to at any one time accepts this. I think your new doctor will probably give the best advice.

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.24 seconds.