Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
hooper_tim
hooper_tim

Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:09pm

Post Subject: Series Hybrid

Good Evening Tony, I am considering installing a series hybrid (Fischer Panda 48 volt ) in our new 57 foot live aboard narrowboat. Please could you give me some idea of what size electric motor and generator I might need for canal use and occasional river use. Many thanks Tim

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:30pm

Post Subject: Series Hybrid

I have no experience or date on such drives and its not the usual way of doing it on canal boats. I think that you need to discuss this with the suppliers. If you get it wrong you might burn things out. You will need to specify the propeller size and required speed.

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.57 seconds.