Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
havanachow
havanachow

Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:40pm

Post Subject: MOORING

Hi, I am purchasing a cabin cruiser from someone who did continuous cruising in her. He has 14 days before he has to move the boat on. What can I do with her while waiting for someone with mooring rights to sort the documentation etc out for me. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:04am

Post Subject: MOORING

That rather depends upon the navigation authority together with who owns the land it is moored to. The 14 days indicates it may well be on Canal and River Trust waters but is it a river or canal. If its a river it MIGHT be moored over and to land with a riparian owner. If so try negotiating with them. If its a canal then if you are sure the mooring will become available within a short time discuss it with CaRT, they may well give you an extension. Otherwise move it a reasonable distance to another non time marked mooring for another 14 days but remember you can not shuffle back and forwards over a short distance.

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.24 seconds.