Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
Bryansa
Bryansa

Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:00pm

Post Subject: Marina / Boatyard

I have purchased a boat which I will be bring to the London area by road transport. It is a 42' x 12' fiberglass boat which I plan to live aboard on the canals. Can anyone advise of a boatyard / marina that can offer the following: 1. Suitable road access for the transport to have access. 2. Crane facilities to off load the boat. 3. Hard Standing where I can keep the boat while I do some initial repairs before launching. 4. Suitable crane or slipway for launching when ready Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Bryan

Marina / Boatyard
Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:23pm

Post Subject: Marina / Boatyard

I think 1 & 2 are fairly easy as you say London AREA although you may well have to pay for a mobile crane to attend. I think that boat will fit the Grand Union Canal so locations as far away as the South Midlands become possible. If you mean London then I doubt you will get requirement 3. Try Roydon Marina (River Lee), Highline Yachting (Slough Arm), Packet Boat Marina, Denham marina, Uxbridge Boat Centre all in the Uxbridge area but I think the hard standing will be the problem. I hope other readers can make better suggestions.

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 1.19 seconds.