Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
havanachow
havanachow

Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:19pm

Post Subject: Problems with Outboard.

Hello, we have bought our 1st little river cruiser but have a bit of a problem. My Hubby and 2 of my Brothers went to Milton Keynes to collect the boat to bring it to Leicestershire. Most times when started you have to use the fast idle, then when you close the fast idle down, it stalls. Also when it is actually running, if it is put into neutral it stalls. Any ideas on what the problem might be ?? One of my Brothers has rope burns from towing the cruiser through a lock by hand when it stalled. The boat had to be left in the end and a lift back by car sort. Any ideas on the problem would be very much appreciated.

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:00am

Post Subject: Problems with Outboard.

I hope that having replied here I do not find the question repeated elsewhere. I expect that the idle jet in the carburettor is fully or partially blocked OR the idle adjustment is incorrectly set (make &model of outboard not identified so no detailed information). If the outboard has been left for a long period with fuel in its carburettor then a blockage is the more likely but it will all have to come apart for cleaning. Is this a fourstroke or two stroke? If its the latter is there the correct amount of oil in with the petrol?

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.51 seconds.