Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
adrienne...
adrienne...

Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:04pm

Post Subject: Life Jacket Hire

We live on The Wirral and are taking our eighteen month(13kg) grandaughter on our shared ownership narrowboat (based at Kings Bromley) next month. If possible we would like to hire a life jacket. Is there anyone who provides such a service?

Tony-B...
Tony-B...

Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:13pm

John. I have just Googled "Life jacket hire" and a host of hits came up, including HSS ltd, but they may only do adult "workers" versions. I am sure you will find several options, however at 18 moths old I am not sure a life jacket is the best option. I think it would definitely have to be a self inflating one because a buoyancy aid would probably be a bit cumbersome. When I worked at the hire fleet we usually organised pints to which you can attach the toddlers reigns (do we still use those?) or chair harness. just make sure the line you use is short enough to prevent the toddler getting right to the edge of the boat. Have you organised the "cot side" for the side of the bunk? Tony Brooks

adrienne...
adrienne...

Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:10pm

Tony, Thanks for your response. Looks as though we may have to buy as opposed to hire. However, Ella does wear reins when out walking so your tip may well be useful. She will sleep in a travel cot. Thanks again. Adrienne

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.27 seconds.