Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
Neil54
Neil54

Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:55pm

Post Subject: Webasto Water Heater

Dear All. On our new to us narrow boat, we have a Webasto water heater that heats the domestic hot water and three radiators. When we switch it on at the controller, it fires up, heats the radiators, then shuts off after 40 mins. It also clicks all the time it is running When we get cold we switch it on again. Is this right or should it run all night? We have no instructions and the Webasto website is not very good, all shiny pictures but little info. I believe the heater is a Thermo Top E and the controller is a Thermo digital timer. Many thanks in advance

Webasto Water Heater
Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:28am

Post Subject: Webasto Water Heater

Sorry for the delay in replying, I have been boating for the last few days. The clicking is probably the heater's fuel pump although I would usually call it a ticking. It may also be the pipework and radiators expanding but that should stop when the system is up to temperature. All makes of heater of this design seem to become unreliable and carbon up if allowed to cycle so if there is insufficient radiators to dump the heat such boilers will cycle so for maximum reliability it is usually recommended that they be set up as yours is. It is also the reason the majority of live-a board narrowboaters tend to have a solid fuel stove. I suggest that you may wish to discuss this with an INLAND experienced Webasto agent.

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.62 seconds.