Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
Mutley
Mutley

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:25pm

Post Subject: Solid fuel back boiler install

Hi everyone. I am new here and to be honest I don't have a clue about narrow boats. I have only been on one for 2 days which was very chilled. I joined this site as I have a friend who has just bought one and has bought a solid fuel stove with back boiler. He wants me to connect this up to a hot water cylinder and his radiators. This will be by gravity. I am a plumber by trade but don't have a clue how plumbing works on a narrow boat. Obviously the water is pumped from some where to the cylinder and the feed and expansion tank. Can anyone tell me what cylinder I will need for this set up. Apparently it cannot be unvented. Any help appreciated. Thanknyou5

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:35am

Post Subject: Solid fuel back boiler install

This question was originally asked in the general forum. When Lee emailed me as I requested I supplied a full reply and diagrams. These will be submitted for publication in the magazine for the May issue but may not be printed.

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat monthly newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.81 seconds.