Forums » Ask a Question

Use this forum to post your questions to our experts – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post Thread words

If you can help answer the question, feel free to post a reply – you need to be logged on to do it (you can register here ), then hit the reply button on the thread.

To go back to the experts page click here>>

AuthorMessage
rovers123
rovers123

Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:55pm

Post Subject: How many radiators?

Can I run 3 radiators and a heated towelrail from a Webasto heater. ( 57 foot NB)

Tony-B
Tony-B

Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:06pm

Post Subject: How many radiators?

Dear Paul, Categorically NO - if its a warm air Webasto. I say this because just saying a Webasto heater with no information about its size or about the boat's insulation, window area and type means I can not give you a definitive answer. If your boat is well insulated and the heater has a reasonable out put my feeling is probably yes, but if the boat has no, or very poor, insulation it might struggle on cold days. However are you talking single or double radiators and what size. This all has a bearing on the answer. You should be able to balance your system to deliver more heat to the important radiators. I think you need to get a book on central heating which should explain how to work out the size of radiators & heater output required, but it may not be too specific about the insulation value of steel plus whatever your insulation is. I think you could ignore the steel and pretend you only have the insulating material for the calculations. Otherwise the vendor should be able to advise which heater you need - unless its another "ebay special" in which case you are on your own unless you can find a friendly central heating engineer to do the calculations. Sorry, Tony Brooks

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Canal Boat regular newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cache: Disabled for this object  Total Queries: 43.  Total Objects: 162.  Total Unserialized: 3. Total Runtime: 0.57 seconds.